Welcome, friends, to the International Society for Paranormal Research. If you are interested in becoming a member, please read below:
Criteria for membership in the ISPR:
- A body of investigative work in the field of the paranormal or of anomalous experiences and/or phenomena;
- A willingness to publicize your work for professional review and to contribute to the ongoing work of the ISPR;
- Demonstrated integrity and adherence to the highest values of transparency, honesty, and open communication with those working in the field and the interested public.
As a Member:
You will be part of a ISPR’s growth as a society and will contribute to future endeavors such as investigations, conferences, and professional reviews of contributor’s work; you will have priority for publication of your work and findings in the field; you will be a part of Founder’s and Members’ meetings to discuss and determine policies for review of specific cases presented and/or under investigation; and you will have an open invitation to participate in investigations with other members of the Society.
In order to remain in good standing in the ISPR, you must adhere to the member qualifications at all times. As the Founder, I can call for removal of any member who violates the guidelines. Removal from the group may be initiated due to extended inactivity of a member, knowingly engaging in fraud, collusion, deception or falsification of results, or due to lack of communication and/or cooperation with the members of the ISPR.
I would personally like to extend an invitation to all interested readers to join us on this (ad)venture. If you have something to contribute, please consider contacting me with your bio and a sample of your work (this can be data from investigations or any summaries, analyses, or discussions of said data).
The ISPR is an open organization dedicated to investigating and presenting evidence for all aspects of the “paranormal”, including, but not limited to: all manifestations of human consciousness in post-material form; alleged hauntings of homes and sites; poltergeist activity; the work of mediums, psychics, clairvoyants and empaths; anomalous experiences that include UFO activity or any other unusual or unprecedented event, sighting, or manifestation. We are:
- Open to all amateur and professional investigators who wish to contribute their data and conclusions for review;
- A forum for investigators and researchers to share their research and data, but also a site for meaningful conversations among investigators regarding methodology, personal experiences, concerns, and questions;
- International in scope, since we are all interconnected more now than ever, and paranormal phenomena is not restricted to one, particular country;
- Non profit, with no financial or professional interests that would interfere with our primary mission;
- Not a ‘team’ of investigators, but may announce investigations and/or invite participants.
I hope you are all as excited as I am!
Kirsten A. Thorne, PhD; Founder, ISPR